Railroad Forums 

• NJT Veteran's Engine(s)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1347413  by ThirdRail7

I thought I saw an electric engine saluting the Veterans. It was kind of a bur but it looked like it was the 4642. I just saw what I believe was the 4635, which clearly had something referring to Veterans on the side of it. Again, it was kind of a blur.

How many of these engines are running around?
 #1347425  by amtrakhogger

What tr7 saw was correct. There is an ALP46 or "a" with banner on the side honoring US veterans. Forget the number.
 #1347427  by NJT4149

NJT Veterans units are 4635, 4645, and 4507. 4507 should be on the RVL right now
 #1347814  by F40

This is a great and honorable gesture. We can never thank the military and the veterans enough for their service and sacrifice. Having a brother in the Air Force makes me truly take it to heart.
 #1348107  by kilroy

Photographed 4635 on Monday morning at Linden and noticed 4507 (different banner from 4635) going through the yard in Harrison on the train this morning.
 #1348507  by Tadman

I think they look great. Some jacka** foamers on facebook are claiming that it's "cheap" because they didn't go all out like Amtrak did with 642 and whatever the Gennie is numbered. This is why people avoid foamers... Can't see the forest for the trees. I married the daughter of a USAF Colonel and he really appreciates any gesture as a thank-you for his service. A card or even a text means a lot to a career USAF guy.
 #1348626  by ALP46A 4662

Cheap? Why do people have to have to look at the negative side of things? I think its a very nice gesture really because majority of the males in my family have served in the military. I think the 4645 looks very nice wearing that banner.
 #1348746  by kilroy

As a NJ tax payer, I'm fine with cheap.

If you're unemployed, living in mommy's basement and not paying taxes, I could see where cheap would be a problem.
 #1348757  by SemperFidelis

As a veteran, and from a family of servicemen and women, I'd much rather they take the money and hire another psychologist or doctor for the VA. Those are the kind of gestures that mean something rather than paint and flags to make people who don't need it feel better about themselves.

Dismounting high horse.