Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#791328  by Clean Cab

Probably before noon. There will be several round trips made to accomadate different MN crew members.
 #791454  by Clean Cab

Here's the train I was running at New Rochelle........................

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 ... re1142.jpg

This was just before it went back to Penn Station at around 1:00 PM. Notice I left my coat and bag on the platform.
Last edited by Clean Cab on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #791482  by Train2009

I will try to be in New Rochelle next Saturday (If the weather is nice again like today) but however I might need to go to an White Plains High School event so I am thinking about it.
 #791544  by Travelsonic

Clean Cab wrote:Here's the train I was running at New Rochelle........................

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 ... re1142.jpg

This was just before it went back to Penn Station at around 1:00 PM. Notice I left my coat and bag on the platform.
I was passing by the station on my way home from the New Roc arcade, and saw the Football train at New Rochelle station about 3:16 PM, w/ 4423.

[poor shot, but I was in a rush and those chain link fences can be a bit of a pain to shoot around when rushed. :P]

#791613  by Tommy Meehan

That is a nice crisp photo.

Does anyone know what coach that is coupled to the head end? With those narrow windows and the number board it looks like one of the old EL-NJDOT cab cars. Definitely not an ML! :-)
 #791631  by Clean Cab

I can't recall the exact coach numbers, but most of them were Comet II's and III's. The cab car was a Comet V #6063.
 #792669  by MNR's #1 Conductor

"Notice I left my coat and bag on the platform"

Suspicious package!! :-D

Nice pic!! And I guess I had just missed you guys there at New Rochelle (I work #6330 on Saturdays, arrives @ New Roc @ 1308).
 #792672  by MNR's #1 Conductor

Train2009 wrote:I will try to be in New Rochelle next Saturday (If the weather is nice again like today) but however I might need to go to an White Plains High School event so I am thinking about it.
Guess I might have to stop by too!! :-D
 #794057  by Clean Cab

I think it will be in New Rochelle around 9 to 10 AM. I'm not sure how many round trips it will make.
 #794251  by MNR's #1 Conductor

Two round trips were made today that I know of!! I was lucky enough to catch one of them, and today they both ran all the way to Stamford, one I heard was turned next to Stamford Yard on the Main east of CP 234, and the other, NJMN 3025, was turned on Track 2 at Stamford Station, and I was lucky enough to catch shots of it, as my train, #6321 today, was brought in on Track 4 at Stamford Station, right across from, and in prime shooting range, the train. Today's consist was Comet V 6062 on the east end, and, if I recall right since I didn't see it other than when it roared past me westward while on #6312, and and when it roared past my train again westward at Rye, was ALP-44M 4425, with I believe was 10 single level "Mixed Bag 'O' Train" cars or Comet II/IV/Vs.

Here are some shots I took at Stamford, NJMN 3025 (done with my 3 MP cell cam before I had to power it off, so forgive the quality)........

Enjoy!! :-)