Railroad Forums 

• NJT ALP 46 from Train Sim

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#522497  by Btkspot89

Hey all,
For those of you who play MSTS and continue downloading trains I am happy to announce that those of you who like NJT will find that somebody just made an ALP 46 and is available for downloads. This is just a really good re paint of another train however... The cabview and sounds are to the Acela... that is fine..
That is all
Brian

#522528  by AEM7AC920

Thanks for the post unfortunately the ALP-46 has been released WITHOUT permission of the original owner, here is a post from the owner over at www.train-sim.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that you have taken Mike B. (Mad Mike) DB101 and re-skinned it into an NJT ALP46 and proceeded to upload it here.

You did this without authorization or a license from the original author.

I would point out that you threw a hissy fit when we could not immediately provide licenses for all the "Test Equipment" in our Route Beta!

I am applying your rules to you and demanding that you take your model down and not distribute it further!

FWIW you did not accept our reasoning that we were having trouble getting in direct touch with the original licensor so your self serving read-me about someone's cousin's cousin saying he heard he had withdrawn is inoperative!

P.S. FYI Mike gave NALW an exclusive license to re-skinning that loco, and in fact he helped with it, into an NJT ALP46... and has supported us on demanding the recall of unauthorized re-skins in the past.

PPS - given the resemblance to other unauthorized re-skins on here, I'm wondering if you occasionally load things up under another (Pirate a.k.a. Charles Nartin and the LIRR skids over at Thermods) name ????????

TAKE IT DOWN NOW!
 #569881  by Kurt-Trirail

It should be noted that the claims made in that post were incorrect (and should have been sent privately in the first place).

The only exclusivity agreement was for the ALP-46-specific model that MadMike had made specifically for the addon group that made the public protest. The German DB-101 prototype of which that reskin was based on was exempt from this agreement and fell under MadMike's general licensing as outlined on his website.

Mike later came onto the forum specifically to mediate the matter and assert the legality of the new repaint:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showth ... ght=ALP-46

The file was retained on Train-Sim.com with the additional blessing of site administrator and owner Nels Anderson. There is nothing pirated about this addon.

-Kurt