Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit Fonts

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#417311  by Njt4300

I asked this over on the MSTS forum about a month ago with no response. I thought I would come to the NJT experts here. What would you say is the closet font in MSTS Paint to that which is used on the NJT engines??

I am making all NJT's engines AND Cars. If you find it appropriate to move this to another forum, please do.

I made all the GP40's but I am re-doing them with different details, including different font. 4146 is for some reason the first motor I am starting with. That will be the first engine in the series of Photos.

Thanks for the help.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26 ... 1843mGWsia

http://community.webshots.com/album/559 ... =community

#417318  by sullivan1985

"TRANSIT" from the logo is Arial in Bold.

Road Numbers on the GP40's is closest to Arial MT in regular.

My old suggestion: fix the side of the Comet IV. It looks like it's been stretched out a little to much. You can't see the curve on the bottom of the car body. Otherwise, very nice work.

Is this mostly reskinning or did you make the models from scratch?

#417324  by nick11a

sullivan1985 wrote:"TRANSIT" from the logo is Arial in Bold.

Road Numbers on the GP40's is closest to Arial MT in regular.

My old suggestion: fix the side of the Comet IV. It looks like it's been stretched out a little to much. You can't see the curve on the bottom of the car body. Otherwise, very nice work.

Is this mostly reskinning or did you make the models from scratch?
Not bad wok. It is reskinning. The Comets seem to be all based off of the MN shorelinet set, the F40 is off of the standard F40 model (you can see it has not CAT), and same for the rest. But still, nice work.

#417330  by Njt4300

It is indeed reskining. The GP40 is from a GP40X model and the PL42 (LOL) is from a Genesis. If any of you want any of this please PM me, I will be glad to share. Thanks for the comments and font types.

#432769  by ErieLimited2914

How does one get the NJT MSTS locos and cars for their computer? Is there a place to get them, or do you have to make it yourself?

#432900  by Njt4300

I am awaiting lisence from NALW. Then I will post it on Train-sim.com. If you want them now, go to www.lirr.thermomods.com under MSTS equipment.

#432973  by nick11a

Still progressing nicely.

The PL42AC is strange..... that's all I'm gonna say. That Genesis model doesn't seem to suit it well.

And the Comet Vs are creatively reskinned off of the shoreliners. :-) But besides these and other nitpicky things, it really is good work. Nice job.

#432989  by ErieLimited2914

Yes, I agree, that is very nice work! This is probably a dumb question, but will it work for a Mac?

#433039  by Njt4300

Thanks for the comments. As I said, if any of you want any of this, please PM me. I will gladly send it your way.

Please tell me anything I can improve on!

#435189  by Sid Farkus

Seriously, watch out for this guy!

#435285  by natethegreat

Watch out for who?
Why?

#436533  by AEM7AC920

Locked.