Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit Assistant Conductor 13-Month Training Program

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1526999  by mikem72286

Hello all,

Just rec'd conditional offer for AC program. Taking physical this coming monday and start date is 1/29 contingent on background / physical / drug test.
I got the offer just one day after interviewing. Everything moved very quickly from applying to testing to interview and physical all within about 6 weeks. Anyone have any insight on what the classes are like ? Do classes coincide with hands on training ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and good luck !
 #1527634  by ALP45DP 4515

mikem72286 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm Hello all,

Just rec'd conditional offer for AC program. Taking physical this coming monday and start date is 1/29 contingent on background / physical / drug test.
I got the offer just one day after interviewing. Everything moved very quickly from applying to testing to interview and physical all within about 6 weeks. Anyone have any insight on what the classes are like ? Do classes coincide with hands on training ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and good luck !
I applied for both the Assistant Conductor and LETP. Did they call you or send a letter? Both my application statuses say pending testing.