Under 10
No votes
0%
10 to 15
21%
16 to 20
79%
 #32012  by sullivan1985

Just out of curiosity, how many teenage or younger railfans are using this site?

I'm 18 and in Rutherford.

#32016  by TAMR213

I'm 15 and been a railfan since I was 2. Been a member of the TAMR since 2001, and the TAMR Auditor since late 2002.

#32021  by nick11a

I'm 19. Going into my second year in college at Rutgers. Live on the Gladstone Branch- Berkeley Heights. Railfan as a little kid and a resurected railfan since winter/spring of 2003.

#32395  by nick11a

Is that it? No one else? And I'll soon be beyond the years of a teenage railfan and onto me adult years as a railfan. Scary. It was mentioned in another post somewhere that teenage railfans have declined. I guess that is true.

#32451  by Jihn z

Sorry Nick, I didn't post fast enough for you lol...

16- High School Student, Rockaway NJ
Loved trains forever, officially a fan for about two years... Been on since the orinigal forum.

5 minutes from the Mighty Morristown & Erie

8 minutes from Dover Yard

#32483  by Idiot Railfan

I was a teenage railfan for a few years.

Also: Hey Sullivan, did you get a permit to stand on that engine and have your photo taken?!?

#32496  by trainfreak

Im a 16 year old railfan and have liked trains since i can remember. Im about 10 minutes maybe less from the NYSW Southern Division. I actually just saw a detour train tonight moving westbound. I will be a junior in high school this year which scares me.

#32564  by nick11a

Idiot Railfan wrote:I was a teenage railfan for a few years.

Also: Hey Sullivan, did you get a permit to stand on that engine and have your photo taken?!?
Haha, he fooled you too huh? At first, he fooled me and then I realized that his avatar is a result of photoshop work!

#32597  by CR80MAC

I'm 14 and just going to be a freshman this year. Ive been a railfan probably all my life and its a great hobby. I live about 10 minutes from CRSA Browns yard in Old Bridge and about 20 minutes from the CRSA Lehigh Line.

#32604  by TAMR213

Hmm.... Maybe some of ou would be interested in the Teen Assosiation Of Model Railroaders (TAMR)? http://www.tamr.org. We also cater to railfans. The next convention of the NY/NJ Metro Div. will be Augest 14-15. We will have a table at the Greenberg Convention, and there will be railfaning and various actvities after. Check us out.

#33364  by sullivan1985

Idiot Railfan wrote:I was a teenage railfan for a few years.

That photo was taken a long time ago before the ban, and also its a Photoshop Manipulation, so i never actually set foot on it.

#33367  by sullivan1985

Ok, well at first I thought I was all alone, but thats cool... hopefully in my travels through the state I see some of you along the system with your cameras, or just watching whats going on.

Today, a few of my friends and I are going to go to Paulines Kill Viducut and photograph the enitre bridge (Ground, Inside the arches, and Railbed up top). Goona crawl all over, indise and out of it. Its a beautiful viaduct and I wanna get as many photographs of it before it becomes an active railroad again (which I DO want to see happen in the next 5 years).

#33398  by David

Mike--Please post some of those pictures of the Paulinskill Viaduct on this forum under "Lackawanna Cutoff". They will give the viewers an idea how large it really is. You might not be able to show much of it this time of the year due to the growth. I was up there last month and had a difficult time. I was only able to see clearly the arch where the L&NE / NYS&W tracks went under--Thanks
Last edited by David on Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

#33554  by sullivan1985

David wrote:Mike--Please post some of those pictures of the Paulinskill Viaduct on this forum under "Lackawanna Cutoff". They will give the viewers an idea how large it really is. You might not be able to show much of it this time of the year due to the growth. I was up there last month and had a difficult time. I was only able to see clearly the arch where the L&NE / NYS&W tracks went under--Thanks
Well i didnt go today, but I am definatly going... soon... And I'll post pictures. Promise...

#33894  by njt5140

18 from Edison here, my first photos taken were in 1997 from CR's Metuchen Yard watching B23-7's handle the drill work, then heading over to Metuchen station to catch Arrow's AEM7's and E60's. I must have over 200 rolls of film with all that stuff on it, over half of them not develpoed yet!