Railroad Forums 

• NJ oil trains-No M&E?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1201901  by northjerseybuff

Just curious if the M&E could get some of this new traffic since they operate the Bayway refinery. Seems like they may be able to do something here..
 #1201951  by Jtgshu

northjerseybuff wrote:Just curious if the M&E could get some of this new traffic since they operate the Bayway refinery. Seems like they may be able to do something here..
Oh boy, this has the potential to get that NIMBY group in Summit all hot and bothered....and they were worried about garbage trains on the SIRT and RVRR....HAHAH

:)
 #1201957  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:Just curious if the M&E could get some of this new traffic since they operate the Bayway refinery. Seems like they may be able to do something here..

Are you dreaming??? It will never happen unless some miracle occurs and pigs can fly!!

I don't even think the oil trains can go east through the Oranges and Newark due to the low close clearances for widecabs, and the step grade on the M&E. Also, I don't think the Center Street Branch can handle such a train either.
 #1201979  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:
Oh boy, this has the potential to get that NIMBY group in Summit all hot and bothered....and they were worried about garbage trains on the SIRT and RVRR....HAHAH

:)
I keep hoping the RVRR between Summit and Cranford gets reavtivated one day; it is right by where I live. I keep dreaming too!
 #1202152  by BigDell

That question would be more properly addressed to Mr. Fullers attorney
I know there is a back story there that I missed. Which is the appropriate forum to find out what happened with all that?
 #1202603  by wolfboy8171981

Trainlawyer wrote:Returning, I hope to the original topic of this thread, the M&E provides a contract switching service at Bayway. Any crude oil traffic would come in via CR on the Chemical Coast and both CSX and NS are quite able to get there without involving New Jersey Transit, the Morris and Essex or the Center Street Branch. Whether or not it were to actually happen is a decision by the refinery which depends on a number of factors including the delivered price of the crude, the type of crude, the investment in the cars and unloading facilities, permitting, and a whole host of financial and contractual considerations which have absolutely nothing to do with the M&E.

GME
Lets not forget that Conoco Phillips is NOT a M&E customer but a Conrail customer. Lets also keep in mind that Conoco Phillips is building their oil unloading racks off a different Conrail line in Linden.