• NJ grade crossing accident bill introduced

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Sirsonic

Crosses along the railroad can be disturbing to the engineer involved in the incident. NJT has been quite cooperative in removing crosses and memorials along the right of way.

by JLo

I don't think any tresspasser is going to respond to such things. Makeshift memorials are all over the place, highways, train crossings, sidewalks. I pass at least 3 on Rt 78 everyday. I believe that two of them are for troopers killed while on duty. Yet, 90% of the time, I pass without noticing them.

And, as Sirsonic reminds us yet again, train personnel are the biggest victims of such accidents. They don't need to be reminded everyday that either their train or another's hit someone at a particular spot.

Sirsonic, I would be interested in the union's position on this proposed legislation if you know it.

by Ken W2KB

There were for many years, still may be, crosses painted on the wall of the original PATH tube. When the first attempted tunnel was under construction there was a blowout and many workers were killed. When the project was eventually resumed and the crosses were painted.