Railroad Forums 

• NJ announces 2021 rail construction grants

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1567868  by R&DB

CharlieL wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm Sounds to me more like bureaucratic inertia. We're not a newspaper or politician, so coffee break's more important.
True, but we may have more readership than many newspapers these days.
 #1567932  by pdtrains

Truth more likely is that state govt is still considerably understaffed due to Covid. I know out here this no way govt ppl can work with this kind of property use and grant info from their home computers. Ppl still have to come to the office to go thru hard copy files, or use govt computers that are at the office. Many businesses and govt agencies are still having ppl come in only 2 or 3 days a week. Office work is getting done at far less than the usual (albeit slow) speed.

So I think you all can bail from the conspiracy theories. Things that took forever, are still taking twice forever. Its a step up from last april and may, when NOTHING was getting done...
 #1567956  by CharlieL

It's all done thru the state's online system, which is available thru the internet, presuming you have an ID and password. It's the method so many businesses used to stay functional during this "pandemic". If the state workers are 'working' from home there's nothing preventing them from accessing the information, especially since the request said digital (email) copies would be acceptable.
 #1567973  by R&DB

CharlieL wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am I'm not complaining or finger pointing here; it may be they are really too busy to accommodate the request. But short staff due to COVID is not a valid excuse.
I concur.
 #1568012  by pumpers

I'm with pdtrains on this. Back in the summer it took a long time for me to resolve a NJ gov't related matter. Whey they finally got to me the agent was very helpful. But I'm not so sure you want everyone working in the tax area to have access to everyone's data in NJ on their home PC's. Imagine the outcry if a secret program was put surreptitiously from the internet onto an agent's PC to mine all the NJ tax data when that person was connected to the state network , and it later secretly uploaded all the data to who knows where.
Such things are not science fiction.
Another thing is, a lot of the finance-related people were (are?) overwhelmed with the huge load of extra unemployment cases, and dealing with stimulus checks. Higher priority than a RR inquiry, I would imagine
 #1568822  by CharlieL

Both links show a "temporary error" message, left click or right click. Maybe an apple vs. windows thing? Stored in your mailbox?

Thank you again for going through the state's procedure and getting the info. Made my whole day when you first announced. Eagerly waiting to see the whole thing, but my patience quotient is much higher now that you've given us the gist of it.
 #1568828  by pumpers

Yes, thank you for pursuing this. Fantastic.
Jim S
(Also having the gmail problem, I get "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Gmail". Even though I was looking at my gmail right before going to RR.net, and did not log out.)