Railroad Forums 

• Nissen at Biddeford, ME

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#174058  by roberttosh

Anyone know if they're getting Flour by rail again? Last summer there seemed to be nothing but tankcars there. Thanks.
 #174415  by ProRail

No, still going by truck.

#174565  by MEC407

The good news is that it looks like the Biddeford plant won't be closed or drastically downsized, at least in the near future, as had previously been feared.

#174568  by rb

Where does the flour get on the truck? Please don't tell me it's transloaded from CSX.

#174649  by roberttosh

It was coming from the Cargill Flour mill at Ayer, MA, but I think Nissen ended up owing them a few million dollars when they went into bankruptcy and may have shut them off - at least for the time being.