Railroad Forums 

• NHRRA - Webmaster Volunteer Needed

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#142020  by MarkR

Hi all,

As some of you will know the New Hampshire Railroad Revitalization Association (NHRRA) is campaigning for the re-introduction of passenger rail service back to Nashua, Manchester and Concord from Boston.

We support the efforts of the Nashua Regional Planning Committee (NRPC) in extending commuter service as far as Nashua but planning for the next phases to Manchester and Concord needs to begin now, not when that project is complete.

As a group we have established relationships with many of the key parties including Guilford, MBTA, DoT, Chambers of Commerce, state government and city politicians. We don't believe in being skeptical and complaining about previous inactivity. We are putting together economic and social arguments that form the basis of our campaign, and now we need to begin generating the required momentum and publicity to force things to move forward.

We have a website - http://www.nhrra.org - which has served us well so far, even allowing new members to sign up using PayPal, but we now need some help in maintaining it technically as we go forward, including things like our own discussion forum for the first time. Content is already being handled, but we need someone with technical experience of managing web sites on a voluntary basis for a maximum of 2-3 hours a week (probably less).

If you'd like to make a genuine contribution to an important local campaign and have the experience and available time please let us know by contacting us at [email protected].

Thanks,
Mark

PS While the webmaster is our most immediate, pressing need, there is always room for energetic people. PR, market research, fund raising and legal background skills would be great, as would help from anyone who just wants to contribute generally.

#142322  by mb41

I know someone who might be interested.
 #147848  by citystation1848

Oh, so is this where it started?

Matt
The NEW Webmaster of the NHRRA

You've seen and loved Nashua City Station...
You've seen and nodded approvingly at SpringfieldUnion...
Now you'll see the NEW NHRRA website...
Coming August 2005 (maybe earilier)

#148236  by mb41

Oh my gosh.... Matt was the person I was going to ask for you...LOL... this is to funny. Hello Matt, great transit minds think alike.
 #148268  by citystation1848

It's really a small world! Well it looks like Mark got to me faster than you did. :-D

Mark's email to me didn't sound like he came to me by suggestion, but rather because of Nashua City Station. Finding this post made me curious.

So I think this makes the third website I'm maintaining, plus two of my own.

Matt

"...and remember kids, support railroad revitalization in your area!"