• NH Business cars 1 and 2

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Eliphaz

I am contemplating a modelling project, I have an N scale Lima "observation car", that could be made to resemble the New Haven's ex-Pullman Business cars.
The only information I have at the moment is on page 39 of Bob Liljstrand's "PAssenger cars of the New Haven". I'll just show you the page here,
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac14 ... r2proj.jpg
together with the potential victim. (need to fabricate a new window band or maybe just some judicious filling and filing, plating over vestibule doors, etc...)
I still lack photo of the other side, oh - and the color, Pullman green? black?

Would be very pleased if readers could provide further references in the litterture, or remembrance of these cars in service.

e
  by fordhamroad

Hi - Google up the NHRHTA site for further information. There was an article on the NYNH&H business cars about ten years ago in Shoreliner. I don't have the copies or reference handy, but some friendly soul over there would be able to tell you if the issues were still in print, or perhaps get a xerox for you. Nice project. If the car is done in McGinnis, you will have an unusual paint scheme.
Roger
  by andre

If you get a chance to make a trip out to the Danbury Railway Museum, the library at the museum will have all the reference materials and diagrams you will need for this project, along with several former NH engineers and conductors who can tell you first hand.