Railroad Forums 

• Newburgh Industrial Track

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1446635  by NaugyRR

Thank you Noel, I appreciate the info! :-D
 #1464463  by AMK0123

Was driving through Newburgh today and observed CSX local C711 serving Rays rail materials. Power was a SD40-3 (engine 4040). Was surprised to see a 6 axle engine on the Newburgh Industrial due to seeing an old timetable showing 6 axle engines being prohibited on the line. C711 pulled out 17 gondolas full of used railroad ties and 4 scrap cars and dropped of 2 gondolas and 4 scrap cars. There was still an additional 4 gondola that had remained on the outer siding. The entire constant went almost all the way to Union Ave in New Windsor and when I drove down Union ave it looked as if the local or a hi rail vehicle had gone through the crossing at Union ave (through the snow). I know that there is a runaround track near the end of the line. Don't know if the train goes down to runaround their train before heading back north to Kingston or if a hi rail had gone done earlier to inspection the track due to the later train move...