Railroad Forums 

• Newark, Delaware Extension - SEPTA Connection

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1545052  by Pensyfan19

In that case, I hope there is still some sort of way, even if this bill stays vetoed, for MARC to still expand to Newark. It would technically connect New York to DC via commuter rail lines (but that's an already discussed topic. ;)) But it would absolutely help the transferring of passengers within SEPTA and MARC regions, such as a Philadelphia to Baltimore or DC commute without having to go on the expensive Amtrak.
 #1545068  by scratchyX

Pensyfan19 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 am In that case, I hope there is still some sort of way, even if this bill stays vetoed, for MARC to still expand to Newark. It would technically connect New York to DC via commuter rail lines (but that's an already discussed topic. ;)) But it would absolutely help the transferring of passengers within SEPTA and MARC regions, such as a Philadelphia to Baltimore or DC commute without having to go on the expensive Amtrak.
As I said before, Having more frequent service to the regions biggest employer (APG), with a good connecting bus service onto the sprawling post, would get quite a bit of use, once traffic resumes there.
 #1558075  by Arlington

twropr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:34 am The Newark Transportation Center was supposed to be completed in May, but there has been no news.
Bus Hub did open: https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2020/05 ... n-station/
Was there a train component?