Railroad Forums 

• New York, Westchester & Boston NYW&B Heathcote Station

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #811150  by Scarsdale

Update Heathcote Station.

I wanted to clarify because Andy gave you the wrong info....

Engel & Voelkers is hold a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at its new real estate property shop, not a dedication to the train station.

Andy had nothing to do with this project. The people to thank our Jonathan Lerner, Jerry Radice from Jarman
and Engel & Voelkers....

Thank you that you say it looks great, yes I agree!!!
 #811162  by Otto Vondrak

While Andy may have helped gather support, it was Jonathan Lerner and his vision that made the rebuilding of the old Heathcote station possible.

-otto-
 #823815  by fordhamroad

-update on Heathcote Station: Andy Bass has an article in the Scarsdale Inquirer for Friday, July 2, 2009 describing the efforts to save and restore the Heathcote Station of the NY Westchester & Boston. It is a guide and an inspiration for those who try to preserve local rail historic sites, and gives full credit to all those who contributed to the happy outcome. If you are in the area stop by for a look.

Roger Wines
 #1011617  by Jeff Smith

<Bump> Rearranging the deck chairs on the NYW&B.

I split out Highbrook and Heathcote from the original thread, which had been on the NYS forum (since moved to NH). More may be merged in since they were in different forums.

Main thread: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 91&t=67976

Highbrook thread: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 91&t=91681
 #1239964  by Saugatuck

Rail Surfer,

Go to intersection of Harmon and Weaver, on I-95/Metro-North overpass. Turn onto Harmon and proceed east approximately one quarter to one third of a mile. The station building is on the south side, between Harmon and the MNRR tracks. There is a small parking area next to the building.

Saugs
 #1242466  by Travelsonic

Kilgore Trout wrote:For those playing along at home, this building apears to be the one.
That is the one. Wonder if the tunnel to the platforms survived - looking at old aerial photography on historicaerials.com, the steps up to the platform appeared to survive into the 50s at the latest - or at least the hole through which they descended into the tunnel anyways.
 #1611399  by newkirk

Just a bit north of the Heathcote station is the right of way I photographed on Feb 25, 1989.
These may or may not be the correct cross street names I used on a satellite view.

Secor Road

Corel Road