Railroad Forums 

• New York Cross Harbor R.R

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #78924  by Ricshaw

Does anyone know how much action is happening on the NYCH? I heard around here that it's been pretty quiet there lately. I used to go there to watch the carfloat operation. Haven't been there in a while. Thanks.

#78932  by emfinite

The yard in Greenvile, NJ is busy enough for them to have acquired two ex-UP SW1500's for yard service. I know that there is now an SW1200 on the Brooklyn side of the CHRR which looks to be of ex-SP heritage. Not sure on how business is doing though. On the Brooklyn side, there was only a few cars in the yard last time I passed by.

#79094  by ElTrain

On their website they announced that they won a contract to deliver bridge parts to a bridge in Connecticut (over the Housatonic, I think). Its about $500K in business. Plus, they've solved much of their legal trouble and have gotten some new financing. Hopefully, business will pick up.