Railroad Forums 

• New York Central Railroad archives

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#716911  by Mark LoRusso

Does anyone know of archives for NEw York Central Railroad with plans, photos, drawings, etc. for railroad stations?
 #716918  by Otto Vondrak

Mark LoRusso wrote:Does anyone know of archives for New York Central Railroad with plans, photos, drawings, etc. for railroad stations?
The New York Central System Historical Society maintains such an archive. Do you know what you are looking for specifically? They have published a CD-ROM full of digitized drawings that you may find helpful.

http://www.nycshs.org/

-otto-
 #757208  by lbagg91833

MARK: I've sent several sets of DRAWINGS/BLUE PRINTS of construction for many sized STATIONS to NYCSHS, and they should be available for purchase. Everything from CATTLE PENS to OUTHOUSES are included. NYCSHS returned my drawings and CD's for the favor. regds all LARRY BAGGERLY
 #763156  by JoshKarpoff

I'm interested in electrical drawings for traction power distribution from the NYC's Hudson Line, specifically between Mott Haven and Croton-Harmon. I'm looking for examples of my great-grandfather, James F. X. Corcoran Sr.'s, electrical engineering work. I know that he worked for the NYC from around the beginning of electrification (1905-ish) until the late 1950's. According to my mother, when he retired, he was the senior electrical engineer for the territory of interest. Thus his engineer's seal or initials should appear on many drawings from that era.

As an electrical engineer myself, a kid who grew up in the family home in Croton-on-Hudson (5th generation) and a rail road history enthusiast, I think it would be really nice for family genealogy purposes, to have an example of his work.
 #763303  by Otto Vondrak

Equipment drawings are currently available for purchase:

http://nycshs.blogspot.com/2009/10/offi ... wings.html

If you're looking for structure drawings or other items not listed, please contact the NYCSHS directly.

-otto-
 #932571  by kjmccutchen

Mr. Karpoff, I came across your posting when doing a Google search for James F.X. Corcoran (husband of Sheila Ruane Lynch). I noticed you mentioned family genealogy. I have been researching Sheila's family for the past two years, specifically her mother, Marie Brady, daughter of Loretta. A couple of years ago my boss asked me to work on his family tree for his father (son of Constance Brady-Volk). His father, who is now 85 years young, and Sheila R. Lynch were first cousins. Their mothers were sisters, all daughters of Loretta. Hopefully this is all making sense. Anyhow, I would love to correspond with you regarding this branch of your family tree if you are interested. My direct email is [email protected]. -Katie McCutchen (St. Louis, Missouri)

JoshKarpoff wrote:I'm interested in electrical drawings for traction power distribution from the NYC's Hudson Line, specifically between Mott Haven and Croton-Harmon. I'm looking for examples of my great-grandfather, James F. X. Corcoran Sr.'s, electrical engineering work. I know that he worked for the NYC from around the beginning of electrification (1905-ish) until the late 1950's. According to my mother, when he retired, he was the senior electrical engineer for the territory of interest. Thus his engineer's seal or initials should appear on many drawings from that era.

As an electrical engineer myself, a kid who grew up in the family home in Croton-on-Hudson (5th generation) and a rail road history enthusiast, I think it would be really nice for family genealogy purposes, to have an example of his work.