Railroad Forums 

• New York and New England Railroad and remnants....

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1559385  by shepaug

I have to get used to this place. The pop-ups are driving me nuts. (Google Chrome?)

I have been away for a long time but mind a general question ?

New York and New England Railroad. Naturally this all became the 'New Haven'.

Does anybody know of any books published or articles published anywhere ? I'd guess that is a dumb question as all became the New Haven and various sections of such.

Everybody must have had their line of interest at times and of recent I have become more interested in this line. Seems too little info out there. Waterbury,Ct. to Hawleyville for example the east section was abandoned in the 30's but west/east to Southbury not till late 40's. What was active on the line then ? Of coarse this includes the crazy Waterbuty to Meriden/Cromwell. If it went under I-84 who used it up to abandoned section ?

That Waterbury 'trestle' still sits there but can't for long as all else around is being torn down.

The remaining stub Waterbury to Hawleyville is a real oddity disaster. Very overgrown now in Waterbury but still industry around it. (tracks still there)

Railroad history. Many must notice often very little known of past customers. Photo's ? RARE.

I posted similar in old New Haven Railroad Forum but not sure which forum is still active as to subject.
 #1559537  by FLRailFan1

shepaug wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:28 pm I have to get used to this place. The pop-ups are driving me nuts. (Google Chrome?)

I have been away for a long time but mind a general question ?

New York and New England Railroad. Naturally this all became the 'New Haven'.

Does anybody know of any books published or articles published anywhere ? I'd guess that is a dumb question as all became the New Haven and various sections of such.

Everybody must have had their line of interest at times and of recent I have become more interested in this line. Seems too little info out there. Waterbury,Ct. to Hawleyville for example the east section was abandoned in the 30's but west/east to Southbury not till late 40's. What was active on the line then ? Of coarse this includes the crazy Waterbuty to Meriden/Cromwell. If it went under I-84 who used it up to abandoned section ?

That Waterbury 'trestle' still sits there but can't for long as all else around is being torn down.

The remaining stub Waterbury to Hawleyville is a real oddity disaster. Very overgrown now in Waterbury but still industry around it. (tracks still there)

Railroad history. Many must notice often very little known of past customers. Photo's ? RARE.

I posted similar in old New Haven Railroad Forum but not sure which forum is still active as to subject.
Isn't the New York & New England east of Waterbury the railroad PAS uses? I thought the Waterbury to Meriden to Middletown/Cromwell was the WM&CR...