Railroad Forums 

• New Walthers Metroliner Preproduction Photos

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1099192  by green_elite_cab

ApproachMedium wrote:I am not wasting my time ordering these things. As nice as they might look so far, I want to see it completed and I dont want to pay the full $75. Ill wait till a dealer has them on sale. All I want is one cafe and possibly one coach for my mail train.
I think I see the issue here. Are you sure you ment "Metroliner" and not "Amfleet I"? Or were you modeling some Metroliners in tow in your mail train?

Either way, your complaints are just as valid for the Metroliner MU as they are the Amfleet coaches, with the problem of Metroliners requiring multiple far more expensive units to build a train.
 #1099255  by ApproachMedium

Basically same complaint for both. I really only was going to buy amfleets but if I was interested in the metroliner the same applies. I would have liked to get one unit to be a cab car but I cant see spending that much for something that will need to be repainted and de-powered etc.