Railroad Forums 

• New Wabash Book!

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1234070  by wabash2800

Please scroll down the Ready Track Page to get the spiel on the book at www.erstwhilepublcations.com

The books are scheduled to ship to me December 20, 2013, but I'm offering a pre-publication promotion of $5.00 off the $39.95 list price until December 31, 2013. Ordering information is on the Ordering Page.

Railroading on the Wabash Fourth District is a 320 page, hardcover book that covers the Wabash Fourth District that ran from Montpelier, Ohio through Northern Indiana to Chicago. It was an integral part of the shortest railroad btw Detroit and Chicago. The Fourth also had the distinction of hosting the last mixed train in Indiana (1962) and the first Wabash District to be dieselized (1950). This book includes hundreds of illustrations, some heavy-duty research and appendices, but about half of the book is in the words of railroaders that worked the line. After the Wabash was leased to Norfolk & Western in 1964, it became the Gary District. Though this is a Wabash book, the postscript chapter covers the line after the 1964 lease to N&W including Norfolk Southern, Indiana Northeastern and South Shore operations. The book includes a large index and a color section.

Victor Baird
Erstwhile Publications
Fort Wayne, Indiana
 #1234628  by wabash2800

Because I haven't got the eCommerce part set up on the website yet, and I'd like to give anyone the opportunity to purchase the books without having to send a check or money order, and be able to use the pre-publication promotion price until December 31, 2013, the books are on ebay right now.

Click this link or enter item No. 181277209914 in the ebay search box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181277209914?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be advised that the books are scheduled to ship to me December 20, 2013, therefore they won't start shipping out to customers until shortly after that.

Also, for international orders, a forwarding service located in the U.S. is being utilized so that international customers can get the best service and shipping rate.

Contact information is on the website or email me via ebay if you have any questions.

Victor A. Baird
Erstwhile Publications
Fort Wayne, Indiana