Railroad Forums 

• New Video Conrail's Boston & Albany

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#355620  by wog820

A new video on Conrail's Boston & Albany line has just been released. It covers the line from Slkirk to Worchester. This was all shot by a former employee of Conrail and good friend of mine :wink: There is also some extra footage of the Ringiling bros Circus train. The video is put out by A&R Productions. If you were at the Big E this weekend you were sure to see it on sale :-)

#355628  by charlie6017

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Do you know if they have a website or know where else they sell it, and how much the DVD is?

Thanks,
Charlie

#355750  by wog820

Ah Yes that would be helpful wouldn't it? :wink: A&R Productions PO Box 492 Kensington CT. 06037 (800) 246-5898.

www.classicrailroadvideos.com The video was around $30.00

#355758  by charlie6017

Thanks!! :-D

#459434  by paulrail

It is a really good video DVD (done in 1990, I think), I compared it to my copy of the VHS tape of the older (1983?) copy of the RVP's "New England States Limited" My RVP copy starts in Pittsfield.

Much has changed between the time the two videos were shot. The earlier on, the line was double tracked and there were no signals showing at the Hinsdale crossover. The Dalton Station and freighthouse look pretty much the same. I could go on with comments and questions, but it would take too much "bandwidth" ! (LOL)

When was the line single tracked with just long passing sidings? When did the signals go up at Hinsdale?

It was very interesting to compare the two time frames and I'm sure there have been a lot more changes since 1990! :wink:

Paul