Railroad Forums 

• New spur in New Hyde Park

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #595484  by freightguy

Quality Lineals was the last costumer in Freeport team. They haven't taking cars in years, they use to receive carloads of covered hoppers with plastic. In fact the covered hopper down there I believe they bought and is used for storage. Hendrickson always had LIRR work trains and track cars laid up. Maybe that was an LIRR freight costumer at some point in time?
 #607721  by RPM2Night

freightguy wrote:Quality Lineals was the last costumer in Freeport team. They haven't taking cars in years, they use to receive carloads of covered hoppers with plastic. In fact the covered hopper down there I believe they bought and is used for storage.
Do they still make the same product that they used to make when they were taking cars? I wonder if they'd ever be able to work out a deal to recieve product via rail again.
 #615854  by The Tenth Legion

A single PROCOR tankcar spotted on this spur for the new customer Sunday morning when I passed on the 9:36 am departure from Huntington. Good to see some new NYA business in Nassau County. Hopefully the trend will continue, despite the economic shyter we're in. Too bad the State government in Albany will, most likely, levy increased and/or new taxes on businesses (as well as families/individuals) to address the deficits they've created.......despite it all, state spending will increase by 1.1% this fiscal year. How can businesses thrive in that environment????????