Railroad Forums 

• New Signal Bridge in East Kingston, NH?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1284074  by GuilfordRailSD45

I have not posted here in quite awhile, but living about 2 miles from the freight main in D2, I love reading through this message board.

Yesterday, I noticed that a new structure, presumably a single bridge, has been erected just east of the Sanborn Rd. crossing in East Kingston, NH. This crossing is located between Powdermill Rd. (Exeter, NH - MP 262.4) and the Rt. 107 crossing in East Kingston.
While there are no signals installed yet (as of yesterday), there is what appears to be a signal box (much like the crossing box that is present at all train crossings) next to the structure.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is in fact intended to be a signal bridge? If so, will this affect the searchlight signals at Powdermill Rd. or at the Rt. 107 crossing in East Kingston?

It is certainly cool to see some improvements being made in the area.

Steve

P.S. - I was unable to get pictures yesterday, but I'll try to get some this evening or tomorrow AM
 #1284225  by MEC343

I talked with an employee in the signal department who said it is going to be a new detector, replacing the current detector one crossing east at mileage 262.4.