Railroad Forums 

• New Rigby Reefer Customer

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1109192  by Bulkheadflat

2 ARMN reefers were recently spotted set at the siding located between the two warehouses on the east side of Rigby yard ! Haven't seen anything on that spur in over a decade. Clynk is on one side, northeast distribution on the other, not sure who's getting product or what it may be.
 #1109246  by MEC407

Cool. Thanks for the sighting!
 #1109651  by Bulkheadflat

Miller beer generally moves in Sou/NS insulated boxes, but anythings possible. I recall during the 90's they were getting ATSF insulated boxes in there, which I believe were canned goods from CA being stored for Hannafords. Great to see it in use once again !
 #1112925  by Bulkheadflat

Just heard that 2 more reefers have been set at that siding, maybe this will become a regular customer ! I'm not in the area lately so can't get a photo, maybe somebody else can roll by there and snap one...
 #1116521  by markhb

To be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was referring to Rep. Diane Russell.

Any further ideas on who the actual customer is?
 #1116564  by MEC407

Rigby isn't in her district. :P
 #1117681  by bwparker1

It is so cool that spur is being used. I use to drive by is during my time in Maine from 2000-2003. It had the appearance of being unused for a very, very long time. Let's hope the reefers keep coming!
 #1117730  by Rockingham Racer

I don't know what's in them, but they are the same type of cars coming out of CA and WA with fresh produce from those same places. They run on hot trains on both the UP and CSX.
 #1117786  by Tracer

Interesting siding layout for those 2 warehouses. 1 siding is between the buildings (as in the picture) and the other siding runs along the back of one of the buildings.