Railroad Forums 

• New Railroad Books

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#148529  by WNYRailfan

For those of you who like local Railroad books....two new arcadia books will be published by the end of the month.

1. Railroad Depots of Northwest Ohio by Mark J. Camp

2. Toledo Railroads by Kirk F. Hise and Edward J. Pulhuj

Look for these books in your local bookstore soon.

Any premptive discussion about either of these book topics would be great!

#154147  by nycrick

I got my copy of the "Railroad Depots..." book yesterday. It's pretty interesting but not as detailed as I would've liked, mostly pictures - little text. Covers just "steam" roads, no interurban depots. And he missed 2-3 depots I know of in Toledo alone: the LS&MS had one at Airline where Wayne & Airline Sts. dead end, a picture of this one can be found on the web site that covers the NYC Toledo West division. The LS&MS also had one in West Toledo on Siesse Ave. between Sylvania and Phillips Aves. A picture of it is on Michiganrailroads.com. I think the MC had one at Wagon Works (original Jeep plant) but I can't find a picture.

By the way I got the book at Fireside Books in Holland. :wink:

#154795  by railohio

Stopped by Borders in Toledo last night but didn't turn up anything. Will keep looking.

#154845  by WNYRailfan

Yes, Mark did miss a few depots...it came down to time and space. Each volume of an arcadia book is limited to 120 pages. But not to worry, Mark is currently working on Central Ohio book and plans to complete the state by regions...he will return to the topic of NW Ohio after he finishes the first editions of the regions. If you are interested in more information than what is in the book, you can contact him by e-mail. His contact information is available at: http://www.rrshs.org/Struct.index/strucindex.htm

#155385  by nycrick

Got the "Toledo Railroads" book today, it's really nice. A lot of neat old pictures I've never seen before. The 3 stations I named in a previous post that were missing from the Depot book are in this one (and some other depots too). :-)