Railroad Forums 

• New Power?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #104336  by Knife-Switch

Actually I've heard rumors that you'd get more horsepower and less manure from this....Image

ANd then there's the possible new NYAR Fleet following contract negotiations....

#104550  by Long Island 7285

thats a classic!!

#104580  by Mr GP10

Now wouldn't that be nice if the NYA actually did get MORE power? LOL. :-D

#104581  by Knife-Switch

Well according to some sources we already have new locomotives

http://www.anacostia.com/pdfs/NYA0501.pdf

Excuse me but after this post and link I think I'll just go in the corner and bang my head against the wall.....and no that doesn't mean I'm looking for a role in Mgt :P

#104634  by RRChef

After seeing those pictures above, I now know where all those carloads of hay are going! :P

#105844  by jayrmli

Possibly management has looked at these pictures and said in a meeting "Guilford is a successful railroad! We can do this too!!!"

Jay

#105895  by DogBert

you know it's bad when comparisons start getting drawn to guilford.

#105947  by emfinite

Guilford has some sweet looking SD26's that are still in service... three in fact.

#106019  by LIRRNOVA55

I herd about nya gettin some new EMDs. . . i was sent a spy teaser. .
:wink: :wink: