Railroad Forums 

• New photos added to the "tours" page.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#92158  by Lehighrrgreg

Those are great tours. I enjoy those. Hopefully I will get to accomplish my dream of a photo tour of the remains of the Auburn Division from Sayre to North Fairhaven one of these days.

Also, as a point of clarification, the "Unidentified Building" shown in the Sayre Shops facilities is known as the Assembly Hall. That was where shopworkers banquets, dances, bingo, bowling tournaments etc, were held. The building still stands and is being used as storage for GE. The two lane bowling alley is still in there, although in somewhat less than its former self, the orchestral stage remains as well as a few faint remnants of its former LV identity. There used to be movie theater style seating in there for audiences that clipped together in rows, but could be easily removed to accomodate dances, but they were removed in the 60s.

-Greg