Railroad Forums 

• New NYSW customer in Andover

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1484961  by rr503

https://www.wastedive.com/news/pace-gla ... ty/523452/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relevant part:
Pace plans to extend the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railway line 600 to 700 feet into the property, thus shifting some burden of materials transport from trucks and roads to rail. Still, Pace plans to hire up to 60 truck drivers to haul cullet from the new plant to manufacturers in New York, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Anyone know anything else about this? Exciting to see new non-warehouse business setting up in NJ, however unglamorous its task may be.
 #1484963  by cjvrr

I believe this is the former Lime Crest mine / stone quarry and processing site.

I had heard the Township approved the site plan. Glad to hear they are breaking ground.

Unsure exactly how it will be reached by rail other then rebuilding the old spur into LimeCrest
 #1485356  by fanoflne

That is the quarry site but the glass recycling site is going to be across the street right across from the intersection of Sussex mills rd. It should be easy to just run a spur off the end of the existing mainline that is still in use to store extra cars.
rr503 wrote:Interesting -- thanks!

Is this the Limecrest site?

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0577261 ... a=!3m1!1e3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1553598  by Sir Ray

pumpers wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am Anything happening here? After the 2018 groundbreaking, can't find anything else on the web. JS
Hmm/
From May 2020:
In about a year and a half, Pace Glass Inc. will open the world’s largest glass recycling facility in Andover, N.J.
Tech Travel Today article. Interestingly, rail usage does not seem to get a mention in that article.
 #1557431  by ClearlyDiverging

NHV 669 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 pm Google Maps, both satellite, and ground, show nothing but a bare construction site.
Given that satellite imagery is usually a few months to a year behind, you'd think the site would be further along than a bare construction site, but it currently isn't. I was in the area last week and a few buildings are in the construction phase, but nothing that would suggest this being the worlds largest glass recycler, let alone the worlds largest anything.
 #1578520  by ClearlyDiverging

Dcell wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am Bump. Is the recycling center project dead? I drove past the property and nothing has been built.
This article from 2019 may have some insight if you're prone to read between the lines. It sounds like a lot of promises, not a lot delivered.

https://www.wastedive.com/news/pace-gla ... ty/559361/