Railroad Forums 

• New Motive Power?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#969405  by CN9634

It was reported on the Yahoo! Group "LocoNotes" by user silverstarengr that "two Seminole Gulf Railway B39-8E locomotives, #591 and #592, have
been sold to Montreal, Maine & Atlantic. The two locomotives are to travel North
on the following trains:

CSX O804 from Arcadia, FL to Mulberry, FL
CSX Q644 from Mulberry, FL to Waycross, GA
CSX Q410 from Waycross, GA to Selkirk, NY
CSX Q424 from Selkirk, NY to Springfield, MA
CSX B739 from Springfield, MA to Palmer, MA
New England Central from Palmer, MA to Newport, VT

The two locomotives are scheduled to leave Arcadia on Tuesday September 13th."

Anyone have details or hear about this?
 #969422  by MEC407

I saw that on LocoNotes this morning. Sure seems strange, considering MMA's continuing shrinkage... but maybe the price was too good to pass up... or maybe this is less about MMA and more about RailWorld's business of buying locomotives, rebuilding them and re-selling them.
 #969677  by ShortlinesUSA

The person who posted that information on Loconotes is known throughout the Southeast for posting false heads up reports on exotic power lashups which do not exist. I was disappointed to see he's now moved to locomotive transactions. His information was picked up by some very reputable information sources and spread, unfortunately. Any dubious sounding information originating from an email address containing an abbreviation of "silver star engineer" should not be trusted. His actions and reputation were promptly reported to the Loconotes owner once it was verified with MMA this was a bogus report.
 #969719  by MEC407

I'll leave this thread up for a couple of days just so everyone has a chance to get the message that the report is bogus; then I'm taking it down so that it's not living on the web indefinitely and giving the rumor-spreader the attention that he or she apparently craves.