Railroad Forums 

• New Look for Adirondack Scenic 4243

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#25226  by Cactus Jack

The numberboards do have two different fonts...! Probably from it's BN days.

The unit is in Thendara, and i expect to run her again this coming weekend June 12-13 on the Otter Lake (not Creek!) trips.

8223 is still in the shop with a blowby problem in one cylinder

#25415  by Paul

Tell Norton to block the power contacters so the umph goes to the grids and make that baby work for an hour. That will clear the cobwebs off those valves. Better yet, do it at night and make sure to set the Nikons on "B". It'll make one hell of a photo op!

#26547  by Cactus Jack

Well they used the green giant on the railfan trips and I got a
ex PRR GP-9. Probably could win a contest for ugliest locomotive. Painted sort of a silver and pastel pink for now.

Too be honest she pulled stronger than the C424, was quieter and rode like a Cadilliac, but no where near the "fun factor".

I heard that on Monday the 14th June she was to be taken to Lake Placid and the 2 F's brought south.

#26929  by O-6-O

Cactus Jack; What was up with that horn change out on Friday(RWRday)
on the Linkmobile, it sure sounded good. BTW your right that is one
ugly Geep.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--;-oo--oo-

#27030  by Cactus Jack

Jeez, I am not sure what the horn changeout might have been about....

all I know on 7249 the horn blew and the bell rang !

What a gutsy puller !

On Monday the plan was to take her (7249) to Placid and bring the F's down. Not sure if it happened or not