Railroad Forums 

• New Hyde Park oil customer

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1530917  by Teutobergerwald

Passed by there on a Penn-bound train last week, and saw the spurs were empty and rusted. Did that customer opt to go with trucks instead, or go out of business???? Thanks.
 #1530944  by LINYARailfan

Teutobergerwald wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm Passed by there on a Penn-bound train last week, and saw the spurs were empty and rusted. Did that customer opt to go with trucks instead, or go out of business???? Thanks.
Passed by there on the train earlier this afternoon. Siding is empty but switch is still connected and intact. I am not sure if the LIRR evicted him officially but probably likely due to the third track construction. I haven't seen cars on the siding in over a year. I think he is taking cars at Brookhaven Rail Terminal also. Whether he returns to New Hyde Park siding in the future remains to be seen. Used to be served by the RS81 at 3:45am on a westbound move.