Railroad Forums 

• New hood ornament for the 270

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#181958  by mainline

Rat is a permanent fixture on the 270. New trailer at Pine Aire. Very small. The Fire Marshall is coming down to post a capacity sign.

#181990  by LIRRNOVA55

Capacity of a sardine can- 0
:-D

#183218  by alchemist

Ya gotta love it! Looks like a miniature of the inflatable rat used by the unions around here during the more nasty, ratty labor disputes. :P

#183623  by jayrmli

Interestingly, the courts recently ruled against unions using the rat during some labor disputes. The article was in Snewsday about a month ago.

Also, there are no more contract negotiations between NYA and T&E service. A new contract was ratified last week.

Jay

#183741  by badneighbor

i believe the animal rights groups protested the use of a rat as a symbol, it was giving rats a bad name, and causing them mental anguish, and it was lowering their self-esteem, and keeping them from becoming college students and denying them their rights to be.... ah.... I hate this

RAT

#183905  by freightguy

The rat that was hung on the engine was for good old fashioned Halloween fun. I saw that same Newsday article posted at the West End crew base on the bulliten board, about using rats a scab reference. NYAR inked the deal just like the UTU did back in 1985(i.e. Halloween agreement) on the same date. That drastically changed the face of railroading just like steam-to-diesel. I hope we get Thanksgiving birds this year from the company I plan on doing some of the carving!
 #183981  by de402

looks like sh@#t. God love the LIRR...

#188745  by mutz155

BRING ME THE HEAD OF MR KRABS!