Railroad Forums 

• New Garbage Customer in Medford

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #417776  by tahawus84

I see that Winters Bros Recycling also known as Exel Recycling in Medford has been expanding lately and I have noticed there is now a big pile of band new ties in there yard close to the tracks. Anyone know if they are adding a siding?

#417877  by jayrmli

Yes and no.

Yes, they will be constructing their own railyard there. Not sure of the specifics (how many tracks, etc.).

No in that there will not be an additional main line switch added. The Synergy Gas switch has already been bent and straightened to parallel the Main Line to the Winter Bros. property. When they are ready, their yard will be connected to the Main Line at Synergy Gas.

Jay
 #436009  by mparletto

Just heard they sold thier company, so where will this leave the rail endeavor. Maybe the new owners have the funds to continue. Anyone know ?
 #436205  by freightguy

The town of Brookhaven thinks otherwise. Undocumented workers driving trucks through town spells a recipe for disaster. Medford fire dept is already one of the busiest heavy rescue companies in Brookhaven and Suffolk, they don't need anymore unwarranted business. Looking forward to when the garbage dump closes....
 #442505  by freightguy

I just read on pg A54 in NY Newsday that IESI(waste), purchased Winter Bros for 263 million. Check it out!!!!!!!