Railroad Forums 

• New executive director search

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1379062  by philipmartin

Here's an article from NorthJersey.com.
http://www.northjersey.com/news/former- ... -1.1538357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's another article on Mr. Crosbie.
http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/pas ... ansit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by philipmartin on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1379143  by kilroy

On can be hopeful this will help things at NJT Rail but if the Governor and the Legislature give him a $20 budget, I don't care if he's superman, things will not go well.
 #1381285  by EuroStar

Smart man! I do not know why he considered it in first place. The excuse is completely lame and clearly a cover up for a better reason which he cannot say out loud -- NJTransit is in deep budget trouble. Why would he want to preside over what is going to be service cuts, increases in breakdowns, an eventual fare increase, increasingly unhappy commuters, and in general be a punchboy for both the Governor and the state politicians who cannot figure out how to fund NJTransit and highway construction? One needs to be crazy to agree to do that. Or maybe not have any other career options, but anyone who is looking for a career beyond a short stint at NJTransit will pass on this "opportunity" to be the local punchboy.
 #1381437  by Defiant

This is pathetic and funny in a sad way. And this development really worries me personally since I use BC line to get to work every day. And so far, the service has been mostly been acceptable, not much worse than MTA subways I used to take. The Fat Moron AKA the Governor of this state really needs to be impeached and removed from office for neglecting mass transit and robbing it of needed funds.
 #1382042  by philipmartin

Here's an article from Railway Age that says that Mr. Crosbie wasn't offered enough, and wasn't offered job security for five years. http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/pas ... channel=55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It strikes me as odd that he left Amtrak because his job was eliminated. You'd think that they would have given him another job. However, with his experience, I think that Transit is the looser in this case.
 #1403003  by Backshophoss

In light of the recent bus crash and today's wreck at Hoboken,the lack of executive director,and lack of leadership in general
at NJT might finally come back and "bite" Gov. Christie and the rest of NJ government leaders in the near future.
No sane person will want to take the "helm" of NJT under the current conditions NJT currently operates under,
underfunded by the state,uneasy labor relations,and the lack of attempt to correct it by the current
Gov. Christie adminastration.
 #1403077  by Defiant

In addition, I don't think any sane person would want this job with a term limited Governor on his way out. I think they should resume the search next year with the successor to the Fat Moron.