Railroad Forums 

• New Cars for the ME?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#796158  by bvesbc

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Well does the ME now actually own the SBRY? I was thinking if they did and if ridership declined, then maybe. I don't know anything about the SBRY and their ridership. They are located in a remote part of PA, and the line doesn't look flourishing so I'm assuming their ridership isn't at a high, but I really wouldn't know.
"They are located in a remote part of PA" Haha... you make it sound like we are on the dark side of the moon. I invite you to come visit I would be more than happy to give you the dime tour.
 #796235  by Sid Farkus

Well, I should add that all of PA is remote :P . Pardon my French, but where the hell is Honesdale, PA?
 #796267  by 56-57

Not all that far from Port Jervis, NY..

I suppose it would depend how you look at it.

MJK
 #796399  by bvesbc

56-57 wrote:Not all that far from Port Jervis, NY..

I suppose it would depend how you look at it.

MJK

Good point MJK, I suppose if you were on the dark side of the moon everything would appear far off.

MJK, your Signature ?? A Quote from the one and only S. E. Miller? Shall I start looking for a beef on wyck??
 #796571  by 56-57

Bvesbc, It is from the one and only S. E. Miller.. I attended the rules class last spring in DH, after having navigated Stew and I up from Lehighton..

How are things with you? PM me if you prefer.

Micah
 #809109  by Taborite

There was a long string of NJT Comet IBs (coupled to private cars Mount Vernon and VRIC #7 Kitchi Gammi) dropped off at Morristown today by an NS Geep. A pickup for M&E's passenger ops perhaps?
 #809373  by jhdeasy

Taborite wrote:There was a long string of NJT Comet IBs (coupled to private cars Mount Vernon and VRIC #7 Kitchi Gammi) dropped off at Morristown today by an NS Geep. A pickup for M&E's passenger ops perhaps?
I'm not sure what M&E will be doing with the dozen or so Comet cars, but KITCHI GAMMI CLUB and MOUNT VERNON were returning to Whippany after being part of Amtrak's National Train Day 2010 display at Washington Union Station. KGC also made a trip from New York to Pittsburgh and return on Amtrak's Pennsylvanian last weekend.
 #809644  by Tri-State Tom

I'm not sure what M&E will be doing with the dozen or so Comet cars
M&E selected for contract maintenance work on these C1B's before they're shipped to ?. 14 in all made the trip West on the Morristown line and 3 were at the Morristown shops this a.m..
 #809997  by Sid Farkus

They head to California after this.
 #814393  by ns3010

Today there were four Comarrows in the Ridgedale Runaround and 3ish at the South Jefferson Team Track.
I presume the rest are at the shops.
 #814839  by R36 Combine Coach

As of last week, 5158, 5159, 5224 and 5161 were at S. Jefferson, with 5162 and 5164 just east. 5165, 5155, 5167 and 5230 (?) were at the shop.