Railroad Forums 

• NEW BOOK "Trackside With Mr. Alco" coming this fal

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#452812  by Alcoman

A book about the late George Hockaday- an Alco Service Engineer will soon hit the bookshelves after November 15, 2007.
It will contain never before seen color photos that G.W. Hockaday took while working for Alco both inside the Alco Plant and out.

Look for advertisements in all the Train Magazines soon.
Retail price is $59.95
If you have any questions, please contact me off list.
Thanks.

#468448  by Alcoman

UPDATE: This book is now out. Look for it at you favorite train bookstore,hobby shop or Upcoming Train shows.

#468875  by the missing link

whats the title and publisher? count me in for one! :-D

#468905  by Alcoman

the missing link wrote:whats the title and publisher? count me in for one! :-D
"TRACKSIDE WITH MR. ALCO"
Published by Morning Sun Publishing.
 #578767  by Railjourner

Gee this books been out for almost a year and I never knew it existed. Sounds like a good xmas gift for my father. He was a field service engineer for Alco in the late fifties. He likes to read that column in TRP by that guy that did the same sort of work, can't remember his name off hand. Wish my father had taken some photos while he was there, oh well. Tks Alcoman.
 #578807  by Alcoman

Railjourner wrote:Gee this books been out for almost a year and I never knew it existed. Sounds like a good xmas gift for my father. He was a field service engineer for Alco in the late fifties. He likes to read that column in TRP by that guy that did the same sort of work, can't remember his name off hand. Wish my father had taken some photos while he was there, oh well. Tks Alcoman.
That's Chris MacDermot that you are thinking of. There will be another Alco book coming out in October by him on the DL-640(RS-27).