Railroad Forums 

• NEW BOOK: "LV Facilities" by Mike Bednar

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#624459  by GOLDEN-ARM

Mike's latest book, for LV Facilities is in. I've got mine, and will review shortly. Awesome stuff, clear pics, and the usual LV Bednar info. Another "must have", but again, ALL LV stuff is a must have, for me...... :P

Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #627532  by GOLDEN-ARM

Great book, with lot's of interesting color. No real "suprises", but it's interesting to see so many of the stations, I missed, back "in the day". Mike's bringing the names of the men to print, is up to his usual standards. Another "must have" for the collection...... :-D I've read it, cover to cover 3 times now, and am still enjoying the work. <LV>
 #628149  by TB Diamond

Sayre-east, but I can't recall where the division point was, possibly Coxton or Lehighton. After the 01 January 1950 consolidation of the divisions the Wyoming Division was eliminated, portions of it going to both the New York and Buffalo Divisions. Origionally the LVRR had six divisions: New York, Hazleton-Mahony, Wyoming, Seneca, Auburn and Buffalo.
 #628790  by GOLDEN-ARM

It was Lehighton, originally, where the Wyoming crews came off the eastbound trains, and took rest, along with their hacks. A New York Division crew replaced the Wyoming crews (and their hacks) for the trip east to South Plainfield, or ultimately, the Oak Island Transfer. Coxton became a "crew change point" after the last consolidation, (CNJ/L&S) with crews running straight through from O.I., and the hack staying on the train, to Buffalo. :wink: