Railroad Forums 

• NEW ALCO FOR WNY&P - Seminole Gulf C425 #550

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#426675  by TwoHands

550 will be in Lakeville a while, it's indoors so don't make the trip.. J

#426744  by Mike Walsh

you make it sound like LA&L does not want any visitors to see the 550. Why can't people make a trip to visit their favorite railroad, and perhaps get a sneak peek at the 550 while it is in the shop?

#426917  by Otto Vondrak

I think it was only being mentioned that the unit is not stored outside, so you can't just "see it from the parking lot." I assume that you would be able to visit Lakeville during normal business hours, sign a release, and see the locomotive. Photography inside the enginehouse might be difficult, but not impossible.

#428848  by FL9AC

I've gone up there and taken pictures. They are very railfan friendsly, so go into the office and sign the release form like otto stated above, and most of the times when it's nice out the doors are open, so photos can be achieved. Someone took a picture of the unit and it's on railpictures.net now. Can't wait to see all of these units rebuilt and back out on the rails.

#432135  by railwatcher

Mike Walsh wrote:you make it sound like LA&L does not want any visitors to see the 550. Why can't people make a trip to visit their favorite railroad, and perhaps get a sneak peek at the 550 while it is in the shop?

Mike, don't take my comment wrong, I stated I didn't want to interfear. Not that, they didn't want me there. The folks in Lakeville and on the trains have always been friendly. They have a lot to be proud of, and should be very pleased that we all are fans of their operation. I have owned and/or operated several different transportation business repair facilities, and with my shop knowledge, it is my choosing, to not go visit.

Greg

#432165  by Mike Walsh

This was in reference to Twohands' comment... not you, greg. :)