Railroad Forums 

• New album, 1976 to 1982

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#538961  by jmp883

Excellent photos!

The lead shot of CR/EL units in the Suffern Yard really hits home. I've lived in Wanaque, NJ since 1973. It's literally just over the mountain from Suffern. I knew that Suffern was a busy yard, what with the Ford plant, commuters, and all the other trains the EL ran but was never able to get over there for photography. It's hard to convince your parents to drive you somewhere just to take train pictures! Once I got my license in 1982 it wasn't cool to go railfanning so I missed a lot.

The Sayre shots hit home too....I was born in Sayre and still have a lot of family there. Again, being a kid/teenager it wasn't cool to be a railfan, so again I didn't photograph things that I now wished I had. My cousins (still) don't understand my attraction to trains. Of course I can't understand how they could have been born there, grown up there, and still live there, and NOT be hooked on trains! :-D

Hope to see more.....
 #539827  by trainspot

Thanks for your kind words, jmp! Glad they were well liked by you, I just added more, with some more at Suffern & Sayre too!