Railroad Forums 

• Neosho Missouri Traffic ?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#350891  by C2629

I am planning a midwest vacation and have heard Neosho is a decent spot for action. Does anyone have information on traffic density and best times?

#353048  by livesteamer

While there is an easy to reach "at grade" crossing between the KCS and the BNSF in Neosho, I am not sure about the levels of traffic. My best advice would be to ask this question of both the KCS and the BNSF forum. The KCS line running north-south is main line. The BNSF is a secondary mainline from Okahoma towards Springfield, MO.

#353803  by zwsplac

I've heard about 20-30 on the BNSF and about the same on the KCS.

#354149  by C2629

I had found info indicating 20-25 on the KCS but knew nothing about the BNSF. If the BNSF is 20-30, it would make it worth a look. Thanks.