Railroad Forums 

• Need info on Napa Wine Train

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#239009  by NJTRailfan

How is the California Wine Train line? Is it worth the price and time? Also how far is it from San Francisco and how can I get there from SF to the wine train? Also how expensive is it and again is it really worth the price and time or is it really over priced and I should save my money towards a trip on American Oreint Express?

Thanks

#239039  by pennsy

Hi,

The wine train is in Napa and is called the Napa Wine Train. It is a one day affair, the dinner train being an evening train. The American Orient Express takes a few days, so you will be sleeping on board. Pricing reflects this difference. Orient express is ideal for Honeymoons. It will give you a taste of the old luxury train rides such as the Super Chief. Good food and good wine on the Napa train. Both trains are Diesel hauled. No steamers.

#239196  by NJTRailfan

Pennsy, Thanks for the info. Is the wine train really worth the cost and the trip from SF once I get back to the states? I heard about it a few months ago but I think it would be pretty pricey right?

#239241  by pennsy

Hi,

You have considerable choices, all up to you. I recommend you go to your search engines, get the URL's of several and check them out. Or as we say, we beach bums, You pays your money and you takes your choice.