Railroad Forums 

• Need I say more?

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#343378  by chrsjrcj

Wow I wonder which train # the FEC will be running this one on. The FEC finally getting something other than thos GP38 & GP40

#343394  by CN9634

It's an exact copy of the Alaska Railroad scheme, which is actually an exact copy of the BN Cream and Green (I forgot the name for the scheme...) scheme (The only difference between the BN and the Alaska scheme are colors.).
Looks like a EMD made scheme to me :wink:

Oh and heres some more pics.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... x?id=74785

#343554  by Noel Weaver

I think this is a decent combination of the blue on the GP-40's and 40-2's
and the yellow on the SD-40-2's.
I would not be surprised to see these on the rock trains out of Medley
which is not far from Hialeah. These rock trains tend to be very heavy
and frequently have three and four units, maybe two of these will be able
to do the job.
Where ever they use these engines, it will be interesting.
One thing for sure, I suspect that the FEC will keep these engines nice and
clean like all of their other engines are kept.
Noel Weaver

#347108  by Spartan Phalanx

Those are beauties. I hope I catch them the next time I'm on vacation at the Disney Resort in Vero Beach.

#348808  by chrsjrcj

I just saw that engine today around noon (et). It was going north with rocks (full) and piggybacks (empty). It was moving slow, although I would say it was carring 150 cars.

#417125  by GOLDEN-ARM

Some of down here, were waiting for Cornell red, with Gold striping...... and a big FEC in a black diamond, centered on a flag.