Railroad Forums 

• Need help identifying what this is please

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1047801  by scottychaos

"Exquisite Accents"..thats hilarious! ;)
I dont know what it is..probably something like 1960's mantua, they made some metal locos.
the "buy it now price" of $93 is about 10 times too high..
$5 to $10 would be reasonable..if you could even find a buyer who actually wants it.

Scot
 #1047851  by CNJ999

Mirrodie, this is an example of a Mantua Metal Products 0-4-0T "Booster" yard locomotive. American made, this item was in production from the early 1950's until the 1990's. At any given time 10-20 of them can usually be found on eBay, many selling for under this one's starting bid. They are rarely good runners without the addition of whipers to allow better electrical pick-up. Virtually all the post 1965 examples came factory painted, lettered and numbered. The Mantua Booster is among the most numerous HO scale locomotives ever produced and, in fact, was even copied in plastic by several European manufacturers some with slight variations in the appearance.

CNJ999
 #1047921  by ex Budd man

I have a TYCO piece like this except for the lights, runs well (but I haven't used it in 25+ years) it is part of a set with a four wheel bobber caboose, a flat car with load, and a gondola. I still have the original box.