Railroad Forums 

• Need ACL P-5a 4-6-2 w/ FWH Info

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#174051  by Daudio

Can anyone help me find some pictures or other detailing info for the Atlantic Coast Line P-5a 4-6-2 pacific, with the Worthington feedwater heaters applied ?

I have only seen one picture, of ACL #1519, in the Model Railroader Cyclopedia Vol. 1, and that shot is of the engineers side, without much detail of the piping and cold water pump placement. It is also hard to make out much detail of the shield in front of the hot water pump on the pilot deck.

I am rebuilding a PFM USRA 4-6-2 to one of the FWH equipped engines, but am stalled a bit without better data on the FWH details.

You can see my prgress so far http://daveayers.com/Modeling/Loco1519.htm here

Thanks,

#174094  by FourTwelveTwo

Sorry, but I can only suggest that I believe Richard E. Prince produced a book about ACL's locomotives many years ago. I'd suggest doing a search on Google for it and also plan to keep an eye on eBay. If I'm thinking of the correct work, you should find some photos in there.

Best of luck!
John

#174445  by Daudio

FourTwelveTwo wrote:Sorry, but I can only suggest that I believe Richard E. Prince produced a book about ACL's locomotives many years ago. I'd suggest doing a search on Google for it and also plan to keep an eye on eBay. If I'm thinking of the correct work, you should find some photos in there.
4-12-2,

I browsed through Prince's book at a swap meet, and didn't see any useful pictures. So that added disappointment to the guilt of not buying the book :(

And I have googled the locomotive on the web, without any usefull results, so my last gasp is hoping to find some private info through this forum.

But thanks for the reference,

#175275  by GOLDEN-ARM

Hey, Daudio, try using "dogpile" for a search. It uses google, plus most of the other search engines, all at the same time, to find stuff google never even heard of. Heres a link: http://www.dogpile.com/ Regards :wink: