Railroad Forums 

• My trip to the Kiski Junction Railroad, Schenley, PA

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#895193  by iceman977th

Managed to get a special ride with the guys on the KJRR while they were switching. Got there a bit before noon, didn't leave 'till about 3 or so. Definitely a fun ride though! Did some switching in the yard, then shoved a cut of gondolas to the plant. I have the pictures up (resized) on Photobucket, so check it out. I will have videos uploaded to Youtube in the next day or two, once I get a chance to pull them off my camera & edit them

http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy14 ... 0Pictures/

Big thanks to the guys at the KJRR, you did a great job & had great hospitality.
 #895700  by EMTRailfan

KJR is a great little RR. I haven't been down since the new ownership. The new operators are apparently upholding Charlie and Mary's hospitality.

Any idea when the coal will start rolling?
 #896285  by iceman977th

EMTRailfan wrote:KJR is a great little RR. I haven't been down since the new ownership. The new operators are apparently upholding Charlie and Mary's hospitality.

Any idea when the coal will start rolling?
The engineer I rode with said it was supposed to be done last month (December), but plans got backed up. Some of the rail has been laid, no ballast, and they're expecting to get going after the snow & have it done by June/July, hopefully. The guys do have great hospitality, even away from the passenger service. Let me jump up in 7135 and take a look around as well.
 #898337  by iceman977th

EMTRailfan wrote:Do they still run to AK on Tues&Fri in the "off season" too, or as needed since there is no passenger trains to run yet?
You mean AL? Lol. Yeah, we went on a tuesday. They also switch a set of grain offloads in the northern part of the yard.