Railroad Forums 

• My new railroad claymation animated short!

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1055638  by Brianruns10

Hi All,

My newest animated short is now completed. This one is my first test of a camera motion rig I've been building, which allows fluid camera movement across all axis, and makes possible any shot or camera move imaginable within a miniature environment.

For my first test, I created an entry for the Union Pacific 150th anniversary video competition, whose challenge was to remake a 1970s commercial jingle. I reimagined it to tell a short story in a single, 60 seconds unbroken moving camera shot.

If you like it, I'd sure appreciate your help by logging in to UP's website via facebook, and clicking the "Like" button. Most likes wins some prize money this month, in addition to the final contest competition. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

http://up150.com/gbrr/video/212

Kind Regards

Brian Rose
 #1055773  by 3rdrail

Nice work, Brian ! Reminds me of the old "Gumby" when I was a kid. I'm sure that that is not easy to do and very time-consuming so I admire your patience. The transitions are flawless and very well done. I thought that this "Media" thread would be more suited to your post so I moved it. (We thought that there might have been a computer glitch when it temporarily disappeared, but with the assistance of Jeff, I'm glad to see that we got it back.) Good luck in the contest.
 #1056754  by jscola30

Excellent work! I have the N scale model of the UP 4-4-0 too, worked very well here. It's nice to see the UP theme song get more play. It was written by the late Richard Proulx, a composer of classical music, known for this organ and choral work. It seems that several organists are railfans, and I like his church music very much, so it's great to see these two worlds intersect.