Railroad Forums 

• My dream becomes their reality in Bridgeville

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#47698  by Miketherailfan

I thought this would never happen but it seemed like the Pittsburgh & Ohio Central read my mind. This dream became reality.

While returning from Trainfest 2004 in Dennison,OH on July 31st, I noticed some construction at the Bower Hill Rd crossing. P&OC SW1200S 1327 was sitting there while the crossing was dug up and the crossbucks looked like they've had their last hurrah.

Just a few days later, while on the Chartiers Valley Flyer, the signals went up but not yet activated. Today, they've been activated.

Has anyone else seen them?

#55917  by ktrick45

I saw them being installed, but I've yet to see them in action. Maybe Station Street will be next. Of course, I haven't seen anything moving since the flood, but whether that's because of damage to the POHC right-of-way or damage to their customers' facilities, I don't know. The bridge over Chartiers Creek at Bower Hill, near Vanadium Road, was inundated that Friday afternoon, and I'm sure the bridge over McLaughlin Run near the Bower Hill Road crossing was, too. As were most of the other bridges. I'm guessing there'll be a lot of inspection work to do.