Railroad Forums 

• museum in east end Montreal?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#581833  by MissisquoiValleyRR

A friend of mine tells me that she has seen signs for some sort of train museum that would be located east of Dickson with an entance from the north located south of Hochelaga. I do believe that Bombardier has some sort of works in that area.

Even though I live in Montreal, I've never hear any other mention of this. Anyone know more?
 #703492  by Montrealrail

Here's a preview from Exporail..(sorry for the audio,that's the youtube audioscrap,cause WMG desactivated the audio before)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edMJ4y_wjJw

next sunday,in august 16,I'm going back to the museum,cause they take out the John-Moslon steam engine and I want to see that,may be ride it!
In est of Montreal on Dickson street,that's only the old MLW building emplacement,but the fire get over it few years ago.
but in the old Angus shops Building,in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve area,just have to go inside of the Loblaws and you can see the old train turntable in the store,but the owner do not like when we take picture of it,so we have to be discret..
I will make a try soon to get it on picture,just have a look in canadian track-side guide and that'S what I founded

On East of Montreal,an old tank car is preserved there,at GATX Rail Canada 9300 Maurice Duplessis boulevard..
In LaSalle,on Gagné street,that was a place you we can see a caboose,buit they moved it away last year..

on a cycle path,near Ville-St-Pierre,on Lachine canal,near Lafleur street,two cabooses are there an it still there,I saw them this morning

In St-Constant Exporail museum
28 different steam engines,12 MLW enginesone GE 70-tons,2 EMD,and some other,includding some Budd RDC and cars,and oold Plymouth engine,some passengers cars and few electrics engine.
for the plymouth engine,there it is

close to the museum,a little bit on east of it,the a company,using narrow gauge equipments on their yard,I saw a diamond of Narrow-Standard gauge near by