Railroad Forums 

• MTA Metro-North Railroad Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1397731  by Dean0

new to the forum, have a question maybe somebody can answer, recently applied for a few positions within metro north, on the website when I sign in, and click on the "activities" page it shows all the jobs i have applied to. recenty two of the positions i applied for "status" went from applied, to blank. Not sure what that means, did i make a mistake on the application and it got deleted or could that mean my resume was pulled? Any input would help and be greatly appreciated, I hope my applications weren't deleted or something along those lines, because the application deadlines for these jobs have closed
 #1404958  by NYCfella

Hi guys new to here. I did my medical and P.A. T. 2 weeks ago and all went well but haven't got any response from my recruiter. Should I contact them or just wait it out or does it mean I was declined?
 #1405027  by dunee88

Hey congrats on a successful medical. From what I've seen, once you go for medical it means they want you in the position. If it's any help, I contacted my recruiter 2 weeks after medical and he responded back right away saying he is waiting. Then two weeks after that I got a call with a start date which was a month away. But wait times are different for every craft depending on the needs at that time.

I believe a short and polite email won't hurt. They know and understand that you are waiting anxiously.

Good luck.
 #1405760  by NYCfella

I took your advice and emailed my recruiter. She told me they are still reviewing applications and paperwork for the Coach Cleaner class and that I'm still currently in the process of being considered.
 #1417059  by Steamboat Willie

As a heads up, the conductor posting will be open again in the coming weeks. A change was made to the Locomotive Engineer and Conductor entrance exam with the addition of being tested on some signals and definitions. Human resources will include the material when you get an invite to take the test. The word going around here is that the passing rate has plummeted drastically ever since they added the signals and definitions, however I feel this was a good change because you will need to be qualified on the rules and signals. In addition, it is forecasted sometime this year (subject to change) that sleep apnea will be included with the company medical screening for new hires.
 #1417910  by briandiana

hello... im new to the board. does MN hire track labors anymore? im 50 and looking to get on board with MN. ive applied to several postions already and looking to get on the conductor's list.. my odds are agaist me im sure but after working 25 years in the beverage business on a route truck, i really want to finish up with the railroad. does anyone have suggestions on what route i should take? or is this all a pipe dream on my part? im no stranger to physical work. bit fan of crossfit, 4 times a week...
 #1419099  by truck6018

briandiana wrote:im 50 and looking to get on board with MN. ...and looking to get on the conductor's list.. my odds are agaist me im sure ....
There are plenty of 50+ people getting hired in all crafts.
 #1420583  by DutchRailnut

how is your credit now, did you recover, really read requirements its kind of test for reading comprehension.