Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#210947  by Long Island 7285

now thats' what im tal'kin bout.

send them suckers my way thats 100% better.

#210952  by Lirr168

Yes, they could run together, but that will not be an issue, as I am not releasing that model - I HATE the pastel yellow. Instead I will be releasing this version below in a few days; it is as seen in "Diesels of the Sunrise Trail." Although extremely short-lived (only a matter of weeks), this scheme is hands down my favorite that the C420s wore.

#211001  by Long Island 7285

you saying there is .sms problems if u MU 2 C420s

#211004  by Lirr168

Long Island 7285 wrote:you saying there is .sms problems if u MU 2 C420s
No, not at all, I almost always run them MUed. I think what Dick meant was that originally I had used two different models with different trucks and he was concerned that they might not be compatible for that reason - they are, it is not a problem. However, I scrapped the model with the ditch lights and remapped the authentic LIRR one to allow me to do what I wanted with it, so the revised Goodfellow and the platinum/blue will be the same style trucks and whatnot. I have NOT had any .sms issues, and since you seen to have a lot, perhaps there is an issue with your sound card.

#211173  by Long Island 7285

Im not haveing SMS issues with The C420s rather i think certian peices of equipment seem to not mix together well, and i keep loosing sound ant jamaica if i use motors. MP's or M1s

#211242  by Lirr168

Long Island 7285 wrote:Im not haveing SMS issues with The C420s rather i think certian peices of equipment seem to not mix together well, and i keep loosing sound ant jamaica if i use motors. MP's or M1s
oh, ok, i see what you mean...i would still double check the sound card, as I used to have problems with the M1 and MP .sms on my old computer. It would occur at certain points on the route much as you describe, but now that I am using a better sound card, I do not have any such issues,even in the spots that used to be problematic.

#211276  by Long Island 7285

I can almost bet thats the problem. cuas i got another problem though not MSTS releated but i bet your right on it.

#211333  by Lirr168

The revised Goodfellow C420 and the MTA C420 (plus the appropriate cabview files) are available on my website:

http://www.thermomod.bjwaymods.com/Trai ... nloads.htm

N.B. to install the cabview, simply download the file and add it to the TRAINS folder as if it were another locomotive

#211795  by benltrain

could you post it on train-sim.com? it would be much more accesible

#212085  by Richard_Glueck

El rock-a-mundo! I received a test copy today and installed it. There are some immediate problems, including a lock-up and crash after so many minutes. There is some foliage that encroaches the mainline and in a few places the train does the "Harry Potter thing" and floats in mid-air! On the other hand, I ran a PRR Decapod (the new one that is so excellent and correctly shaped and detailed, from Jamaica, east, dragging a train of refrigerators and hoppers. Loved it.
I think my father would have loved it, too. Remember, he put down those tracks. Nice simulation in progress. Kudos the Dave and Joe.

#212090  by benltrain

what routes and trackage does the route cover?

and PLEASE could it be posted on train-sim.com, or the site the locos were. email is not very secure or trustworthy. it would be much more popular.

thanks.

#212095  by Jumpshot724

I received my copy today, very nice work!! The only problem I had was it crashed randomly after about 40 minutes, I was running Ronkonkoma to Jamaica and it crashed just West of Mineola. Also, I couldn't get any of the locomotives to work :( . They are in my "TRAINS" folder, as I used the automatic installer, but I can't run them. I can't even find them in the game from the "Choose Locomotive" or whatever drop down. Other than that, great job guys, I have been waiting for a LIRR route ever since MSTS came out. Will there be an extension to Penn in the future?? Also, does any one plan on taking this and "modernizing" it to today's LIRR????

#212171  by Long Island 7285

I do plan on modernizing it to modern status witch it's includs HL's installed at every station and some stops removed. but thats about it minus the track work. unless you want to get technical

#212340  by Jumpshot724

Ok, I found exactly where the "crash" is. Immediately after leaving Merrillon heading West, the game crashes. I even opened the route editor to see if there was a problem there and it crashed the editor in the same spot. Any ideas??

Also, can anyone tell me why I can't see/use the LIRR rolling stock? I have them all in my "TRAINS" folder and I did use the automatic installer from the CD :(